A few articles that help me make my mind a bit about bacteria and antibiotics:
Bacteria are our friends
Cold cough flu
1. Honey with ginger (with some lemon too)
2. Turmeric - its natural antibiotic and inflammation. Don't give powder, get stick and rub them on something with bit of water to get bit of turmeric.
3. Probiotics - good to give with antibiotics to reduce the side effects.
Whole food has really good collection of probiotics.
4. Fennel - helps digestion. Most gripe water have fennel. Boil fennel in water to give the water.
5. Orange juice - fresh is better
Cream to rub on neck, chest, back, foot.
Electric Vaporizer for night
Vicks steam inhaler